the builder

the story

.

Velo and Back to School Cross






Everyone has a nifty name for their event these days. It's no longer Northfield cross but back to school cross, although school has been in swing for a couple of months. Finally a decent wknd on the bike for me. Podiumed twice, Velocross putting 5 people on the podium. This kinda blows my built in excuse of tired legs from working all those long restaurant hours. I put in some serious hours this week getting ready to feed 250 folks at the annual Cats n Canines Animal Humane society fundraiser. Friday started at 10am for me and my course was plated at 10pm. I got home around 1am saturday morning and I thought I would be worthless for the Velocross but nice weather and good legs pulled me through. I rode the whole race in 3rd place and let some one by in the last 1/2 lap that shouldn't have gotten by. Ended in 4th with a nice gift certificate for some needed acupuncture. Went to work immediately after to a busy saturday night at the C-man and thought once again that I would be worthless the next day. Called my good friend Jared and rode down to Northfield with him and then rode the whole race with him. Got a good start and stayed in the top 10 the whole time trading pulls with Jared and staying away from the chasers. The hill was a killer but the legs held out. Jared let me take the final podium position. What a gentleman. Good times with good people. The bike as usual was stunning in its handling and looks. It turns heads.
Mikeyp