the builder

the story

.

orono

That lead wasn't enough !

on Sunday I went over to Orono for the second of the MCF Cyclocross series, and things got going between Greg G. and I .. I confess I wanted to beat him, but we both were feeling the effects of Saturday's race, and it was windy so I let him drag me around for a few laps, then I led again, and my plan was to lose him early in the last lap, when we were descending down some big grassy turns. It almost worked .. he even fell in the sand pit ( I didn't know) .. but I did know that I had a gap on him about halfway through the last lap. I knew that to win I had to have maybe 40 yards on him by the time we hit the track.. I went with what I had left, but I guess he had more,  because when I turned to check on whether my gap was enough, he had closed it down. I don't know where he got the strength, I was pretty fried. As expected, he passed me about halfway around the track , and I didn't have enough to sprint..   the bike rocked the course again.. especially I'm enjoying hitting the corners and cruising through. I 'm sure I was the fastest through those parts of the course.. !  Folks are digging the bike, and the story. I wonder if we can plaster "Made in Minneapolis, USA" stickers on the seattube ?    ; - )

- RPM